Liberty Media Corporation (“Liberty”) (Nasdaq: LMCA, LMCB) today announced the completion of the final closing under the previously announced share repurchase agreement, dated as of October 9, 2013, between Liberty and Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) (“Sirius”). Pursuant to the agreement, Sirius had agreed to repurchase $500 million of its common stock from Liberty as part of Sirius’ share repurchase program. On April 25, 2014, Sirius purchased its final installment of shares, equal to 92,888,561 shares, at a previously established price per share of $3.66, for an aggregate purchase price of $340 million. For additional information about the terms and conditions of the repurchase agreement, see Liberty’s Current Report on Form 8-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on October 10, 2013.
About Liberty Media Corporation
Liberty Media Corporation owns interests in a broad range of media, communications and entertainment businesses, including its subsidiaries Sirius XM Holdings Inc., Atlanta National League Baseball Club, Inc. and TruePosition, Inc., its interests in Charter Communications and Live Nation Entertainment, and minority equity investments in Time Warner Inc., Time Warner Cable, and Viacom.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV