NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) reports first quarter results after the bell Monday. But many investors on StockTwits.com say they're not risking a long bet on the sports bar chain before earnings.
There are three reasons to be wary of the stock ahead of its report, say investors. The geopolitical climate has soured risk appetites, making investors more likely to focus on any bad news to emerge in the earnings announcement. The long, snowy winter in the U.S. fell in the middle of Buffalo Wild Wings' aggressive expansion plans, potentially pressuring top line growth, while expenses cut more deeply into profits. And the chart doesn't indicate an upward trajectory. Buffalo Wild Wings shares have declined 12.7% from an all-time high of $159 on March 21. Some technicians see a bearish head and shoulders pattern in the chart that suggests further declines in the near future.
$BWLD H&S pattern on watch! -- Institutional Volume Analyst (@Stockoptionexpert) Apr. 26 at 10:47 PM
one perspective on $BWLD as it heads into Earnings on Mon 04/27 AMC http://stks.co/p0G1X -- PresidiumCapital (@PresidiumCap) Apr. 27 at 12:25 PM
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV