NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Earlier this year, Yum! Brands (YUM) took on McDonald's (MCD) for a piece of the huge fast food breakfast market. Yum! stock was trading at $77.80 just before 4 p.m. on Monday.
Now, Yum! Brands unit Taco Bell is ambitiously trying to attract "foodies," who would normally not be caught dead in a fast food joint.
How? Taco Bell is launching a new taco concept. The U.S. Taco Co. and Urban Taproom restaurants will expand Taco Bell into the high-growth fast-casual market. The store will debut in Huntington Beach, Calif., over this summer.
U.S. Taco Co. will offer $4 premium tacos, with two for $7 and three for $10. U.S. Taco seeks to take "the best of American cuisine" and "put it in a taco." Interesting flavor combinations announced already are:
- "Winner Winner": Southern style fried chicken with gravy,
- "One Percenter": Lobster with cabbage slaw and pico de gallo, and
- "Brotherly Love": A nod to the Philly cheesesteak.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV