Silver (SLV) rose 0.38% over the week and held crucial support.
Last time silver hit the $19 level, I talked about how it was a simple and very safe buy level using tight stops.
The same was true this time around -- although to be honest I wasn't so sure $19 would hold. But it did hold, and that's what matters.As $19 was hit and silver bounced strongly, it was early in the day and the few stocks I had were not acting great. So while I did see silver bounce, I was more focused on selling the positions I had. If we break above the downtrend line and the 21-day moving average at $19.85, then we should have a low in. That's a powerful buy signal. We may need to build out a flat base here for a few weeks, so we may not rocket higher. But as a longer-term buy, silver is looking fantastic to me. Just look at the explosion of volume as major support was hit. That solidifies the power of the $19 level. It's very positive. Next up: platinum and palladium charts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV