MANCHESTER, N.H., April 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today more than 1,500 local Comcast employees and their families, friends and community partners will work to "make change happen" as they volunteer to improve twenty-one sites across the Granite State as part of Comcast's 13 th Comcast Cares Day.
Comcast Cares Day, which takes place each April during National Volunteer Month, is Comcast and NBCUniversal's signature day of service and the nation's largest single-day corporate volunteer effort. Today New Hampshire volunteers will roll their sleeves up in communities such as Hampton, Londonderry, Manchester, Nashua and Salem.
This year the Company expects more than 80,000 Comcast and NBCUniversal volunteers to participate in over 700 projects across the country and around the globe. To date, more than half a million volunteers have contributed over 3 million volunteer hours since Comcast Cares Day started in 2001.
"We're proud once again to partner with Boys & Girls Clubs and other nonprofit organizations to improve our community during our 13 th Comcast Cares Day," said Steve Hackley, Comcast Senior Vice President of the Greater Boston Region, which includes New Hampshire. "The hard work of the 1,500 New Hampshire volunteers who will be donating their time to help make such a big difference in the lives of others is inspiring, and I am thankful to all of our participants who are helping to make today a success."The Comcast Cares Day 2014 New Hampshire community partners and projects include the following:
- Bedford – Camp Foster (Boys & Girls Club of Manchester) – 54 Camp Allen Road Site activities: Cleaning up and landscaping
- Bedford – Caregivers – 19 Harvey Road Site activities: Organizing and boxing donations
- Hampton – Fun After School Program – 40 Stickney Terrace Site activities: Cleaning and sprucing up
- Londonderry – Londonderry Athletic & Field Association – Sargent Road Playground Site activities: Cleaning, landscaping and painting
- Manchester – Girls Inc. – 30 Varney Street Site activities: Cleaning, mulching and planting
- Manchester – Gossler Park Elementary School – 99 Sullivan Street Site activities: Cleaning and landscaping
- Nashua – Nashua Boys & Girls Club – 47 Grand Avenue Site activities: Assisting with preparing debaters between various Boys & Girls Clubs
- Nashua – Nashua Humane Society – 24 Ferry Road Site activities: Landscaping and repairing outdoor dog kennels
- Nashua – Girls Inc. Nashua – 27 Burke Street Site activities: Creating a library, painting and organizing
- Newport – Meadow Park Complex – 10 Meadow Road Site activities: Painting, landscaping and clean-up as well as revamping two baseball fields
- Pembroke – Suncook Little League – 140 Pleasant Street Site activities: Refreshed the league's fields (work completed on 4/19)
- Raymond – Zion's Camp – 30 Onway Lake Road Site activities: Landscaping and painting
- Salem – Camp Otter (Lawrence YMCA) – 66 Hooker Farm Road Site activities: Landscaping and painting
- Salem – Salem Animal Rescue League – 4 SARL Drive Site activities: Landscaping and painting