April 26, 2014
/PRNewswire/ -- Today more than 1,500 local Comcast employees and their families, friends and community partners will work to "make change happen" as they volunteer to improve twenty-one sites across the
as part of Comcast's 13
Comcast Cares Day.
Comcast Cares Day, which takes place each April during National Volunteer Month, is Comcast and NBCUniversal's signature day of service and the nation's largest single-day corporate volunteer effort. Today New Hampshire volunteers will roll their sleeves up in communities such as
, Nashua and
This year the Company expects more than 80,000 Comcast and NBCUniversal volunteers to participate in over 700 projects across the country and around the globe. To date, more than half a million volunteers have contributed over 3 million volunteer hours since Comcast Cares Day started in 2001.
"We're proud once again to partner with Boys & Girls Clubs and other nonprofit organizations to improve our community during our 13
Comcast Cares Day," said
, Comcast Senior Vice President of the Greater Boston Region, which includes
. "The hard work of the 1,500
volunteers who will be donating their time to help make such a big difference in the lives of others is inspiring, and I am thankful to all of our participants who are helping to make today a success."
The Comcast Cares Day 2014 New Hampshire community partners and projects include the following:
- Bedford – Camp Foster (Boys & Girls Club of Manchester) – 54 Camp Allen Road Site activities: Cleaning up and landscaping
- Bedford – Caregivers – 19 Harvey Road Site activities: Organizing and boxing donations
- Hampton – Fun After School Program – 40 Stickney Terrace Site activities: Cleaning and sprucing up
- Londonderry – Londonderry Athletic & Field Association – Sargent Road Playground Site activities: Cleaning, landscaping and painting
- Manchester – Girls Inc. – 30 Varney Street Site activities: Cleaning, mulching and planting
- Manchester – Gossler Park Elementary School – 99 Sullivan Street Site activities: Cleaning and landscaping
- Nashua – Nashua Boys & Girls Club – 47 Grand Avenue Site activities: Assisting with preparing debaters between various Boys & Girls Clubs
- Nashua – Nashua Humane Society – 24 Ferry Road Site activities: Landscaping and repairing outdoor dog kennels
- Nashua – Girls Inc. Nashua – 27 Burke Street Site activities: Creating a library, painting and organizing
- Newport – Meadow Park Complex – 10 Meadow Road Site activities: Painting, landscaping and clean-up as well as revamping two baseball fields
- Pembroke – Suncook Little League – 140 Pleasant Street Site activities: Refreshed the league's fields (work completed on 4/19)
- Raymond – Zion's Camp – 30 Onway Lake Road Site activities: Landscaping and painting
- Salem – Camp Otter (Lawrence YMCA) – 66 Hooker Farm Road Site activities: Landscaping and painting
- Salem – Salem Animal Rescue League – 4 SARL Drive Site activities: Landscaping and painting
The Comcast Foundation will also provide grants to local community partner organizations across the country on behalf of everyone who volunteers on Comcast Cares Day. The grants will help Comcast's community partners continue their mission of serving the community throughout the year. To date, the Comcast Foundation has awarded more than
in grants to partner organizations to match the efforts of our volunteers on Comcast Cares Day.
Comcast has been committed to serving local communities since our founding more than 50 years ago. For more information on Comcast's volunteer and community investment initiatives, visit
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. NBCUniversal operates 30 news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures and Universal Parks and Resorts. Visit
for more information.
About the Comcast Foundation
The Comcast Foundation was founded by Comcast Corporation in
to provide charitable support to qualified non-profit organizations. The Foundation primarily invests in programs intended to have a positive, sustainable impact on their communities. The Foundation has three community investment priorities—promoting service, expanding digital literacy, and building tomorrow's leaders. Since its inception, the Comcast Foundation has donated nearly
to organizations in the communities nationwide that Comcast serves. More information about the Foundation and its programs is available at
SOURCE Comcast Cable