BOSTON, April 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today more than 3,500 local Comcast employees and their families, friends and community partners will work to "make change happen" as they volunteer to improve twenty sites across the Commonwealth as part of Comcast's 13 th Comcast Cares Day.
Comcast Cares Day, which takes place each April during National Volunteer Month, is Comcast and NBCUniversal's signature day of service and the nation's largest single-day corporate volunteer effort. Today Massachusetts volunteers will roll their sleeves up in communities such as Attleboro, Boston, Fitchburg, Framingham, Lowell, Mashpee and Springfield.
This year the Company expects more than 80,000 Comcast and NBCUniversal volunteers to participate in over 700 projects across the country and around the globe. To date, more than half a million volunteers have contributed over 3 million volunteer hours since Comcast Cares Day started in 2001.
"We're proud once again to partner with Boys & Girls Clubs and other nonprofit organizations to improve our community during our 13 th Comcast Cares Day," said Steve Hackley, Comcast Senior Vice President of the Greater Boston Region, which includes Massachusetts. "The hard work of the 3,500 Massachusetts volunteers who will be donating their time to help make such a big difference in the lives of others is inspiring, and I am thankful to all of our participants who are helping to make today a success."Added Bob Scannell, CEO and President of Boys & Girls Club of Dorchester, "We are deeply grateful to Comcast for including Boys and Girls Clubs of Dorchester in Comcast Cares Day. The work from Comcast volunteers is a gift that will be enjoyed by the Club community for years to come, and it's a great example of how we can deepen our impact thanks to support from corporate partners like Comcast." The Comcast Cares Day 2014 Massachusetts community partners and projects include the following:
- Attleboro – Oak Knoll & Attleboro Springs Wildlife Sanctuaries – 1417 Park Street Site activities: Landscaping, spring clean-up and trail work
- Beverly – Harborlight Community Partners – 283 Elliot Street Site activities: Building a deck
- Boston – Dorchester Boys & Girls Club – 1135 Dorchester Avenue Site activities: Landscaping and spring clean-up
- Boston – Women's Lunch Place – 67 Newbury Street Site activities: Volunteers served lunch during a variety of shifts throughout the week
- Bridgewater – The Bridge Center – 131 Summer Street Site activities: Painting an outdoor track
- Cambridge – Special Olympics 5k Spring Classic – 350 Massachusetts Avenue Site activities: Organizing and timing events as well as preparing athletes
- Dartmouth – Sharing the Harvest Community Farm – 276 Gulf Road Site activities: Farming and planting
- Fitchburg – Upper Commons Park – 869 Main Street Site activities: Landscaping, spring clean-up and painting benches
- Framingham – Sage House – 7 Bishop Street Site activities: Landscaping and spring clean-up
- Haverhill – Veterans Northeast Outreach Center – 10 Reed Street Site activities: Landscaping, cleaning, painting and planting
- Lowell – Lowell Transitional Living Center – 205 Middlesex Street Site activities: Building storage shelves in the basement
- Lowell – Lowell Humane Society – 951 Broadway Street Site activities: Landscaping and painting
- Marlboro – Special Olympics National Games Site activities: Organizing and timing events as well as preparing athletes
- Mashpee – Boys & Girls Club of Cape Cod – 31 Hicks Way Site activities: Cleaning and sprucing up
- Milford – Special Olympics, Milford High School – 31 W Fountain Street Site activities: Organizing and timing events as well as preparing athletes
- Northampton – The Cutchins Programs for Children and Families – 78 Pomeroy Terrace Site activities: spring cleaning, installing new carpet and planting in the community garden with the children.
- Somerville – Groundwork Somerville Site activities: Landscaping
- Springfield – Milton Bradley Elementary School – 22 Mulberry Street Site activities: Landscaping and spring cleaning inside and out
- Stoneham – Boys & Girls Club of Stoneham – 15 Dale Court Site activities: Cleaning and sprucing up
- Tewksbury – Strongwater Farm – 500 Livingston Street Site activities: Building a sensory challenge course
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts