BERLIN, Conn., April 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today more than 650 local Comcast employees and their families, friends and community partners will work to "make change happen" as they volunteer to improve eleven sites across the Nutmeg State as part of Comcast's 13 th Comcast Cares Day.
Comcast Cares Day, which takes place each April during National Volunteer Month, is Comcast and NBCUniversal's signature day of service and the nation's largest single-day corporate volunteer effort. Today Connecticut volunteers will roll their sleeves up at sites in East Hartford, Ellington, Groton, Hartford, New Britain, New Haven, Portland, Seymour, Stamford, West Hartford and Westbook.
For example, at Lincoln Elementary School in New Britain, over 100 volunteers comprised of participants from the school, United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut, Easter Seals Capital Region & Eastern Connecticut and Nutmeg Big Brothers Big Sisters will join Comcast employees and their family and friends to landscape, spring clean and spruce up the school grounds. Volunteers will also be donating books to the school that were collected through a Comcast employee book drive, and planting shrubs and plants and utilizing topsoil that was generously donated from Millane Nurseries in Cromwell, Connecticut.25 "Littles" hail from the Lincoln Elementary School for the "Beyond School Walls" program, a site-based mentoring program with Nutmeg Big Brothers Big Sisters. Now in its fifth year, the program matches Comcast employee "Bigs" with the "Littles" from Lincoln for mentoring throughout the school year. Comcast employees will also be planting flowers in pots that were painted and decorated by the "Bigs" and "Littles" in a recent mentoring session.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV