The upgrade for the company, which designs, engineers and sells products constructed from wood, came one day after it released its 2014 first quarter earnings report.
The company reported net sales of $168.3 million, a 9.1% increase from the $154.3 million reported during the first quarter of 2013.
Simpson had net income of $12.1 million for the first quarter, compared to $4.8 million for the same quarter in 2013.Diluted net income was 25 cents per common share for the quarter, versus 10 cents per common share during the first quarter of 2013. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- SSD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- SSD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.31, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- SIMPSON MANUFACTURING INC has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SIMPSON MANUFACTURING INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.05 versus $0.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.39 versus $1.05).
- 47.33% is the gross profit margin for SIMPSON MANUFACTURING INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.78% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 204.48% to $34.59 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SIMPSON MANUFACTURING INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -4.94%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SSD Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV