By late afternoon, shares had added 18.1% to $32.26.
The company, which distributes over-the-counter medication and healthcare products, said the acquisition adds a new platform in feminine care and strengthens its portfolio. Prestige Brands intends to purchase Insight, a distributor of feminine care and healthcare products, for $750 million in cash.
- The gross profit margin for PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS is rather high; currently it is at 55.95%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, PBH's net profit margin of 2.14% significantly trails the industry average.
- PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS increased its bottom line by earning $1.28 versus $0.74 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.50 versus $1.28).
- PBH, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PBH Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV