On 4/29/14, M & T Bank Corp's Fixed Rate Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series A (MTB.PR) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $15.9375, payable on 5/15/14. As a percentage of MTB.PR's recent share price of $1001.25, this dividend works out to approximately 1.59%, so look for shares of MTB.PR to trade 1.59% lower — all else being equal — when MTB.PR shares open for trading on 4/29/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.37%, which compares to an average yield of 5.78% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, MTB.PR was trading at a 0.12% premium to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of MTB.PR shares, versus MTB:
Below is a dividend history chart for MTB.PR, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $15.9375 on M & T Bank Corp's Fixed Rate Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series A:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, M & T Bank Corp (MTB) makes up 4.20% of the iShares U.S. Regional Banks ETF (IAT) which is trading lower by about 0.9% on the day Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV