He pointed out that Amazon (AMZN) continues to sell off after failing to deliver the earnings results investors were seeking.
He said he is not recommending Salesforce.com (CRM) currently but noted it only trades at seven times its enterprise value to revenue ratio while other stocks such as FireEye (FEYE) and WorkDay (WDAY) are still quite expensive.
Major biotech stocks are now trading in line on a valuation basis with slower-growth pharmaceutical stocks. However, Cramer argued that not all of the high-valuation stocks are junk companies, although they will likely continue to trade poorly.
"You have to look at them on a case by case basis," he added."If Twitter (TWTR) were actually able to do a great number of some sorts, you would get a bounce in some of these" momentum stocks, Cramer concluded. Twitter is scheduled to report earnings on Tuesday after the close.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV