For the first quarter the chipmaker reported earnings of 27 cents a share, beating analysts' estimates of 24 cents a share by 3 cents. Revenue grew 15.2% to $1.13 billion in the quarter, while analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected $1.09 billion in revenue.
Looking to the second quarter Freescale expects revenue of $1.14 billion to $1.2 billion, above the consensus estimate of $1.13 billion.
Freescale separately announced that it hired Dan Durn, former CFO of competitor Globalfoundries, to replace retiring CFO Alan Campbell.Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks SELL NOW: If you own any of the 900 stocks that TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified as a 'Sell'...you could potentially lose EVERYTHING in the next 6-12 months. Learn more. "Freescale Semiconductor, Ltd., formerly Freescale Semiconductor Holdings I, Ltd., is a provider of embedded processing solutions. An embedded processing solution is the combination of embedded processors, semiconductor devices and software. The Company's embedded processor products include microcontrollers (MCUs), single- and multi-core microprocessors (MPUs), applications processors and digital signal processors (DSPs). It also offers complementary semiconductor products, including radio frequency (RF), power management, analog, mixed-signal devices and sensors. Freescale sells its products directly to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, original design manufacturers and contract manufacturers." STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet's Stocks Under $10 has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV