Titan International (TWI) Marked As A Dead Cat Bounce Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Titan International (TWI) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Titan International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TWI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.7 million.
- TWI has traded 137,159 shares today.
- TWI is up 3.1% today.
- TWI was down 8.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TWI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TWI NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on TWI: Titan International, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells wheels, tires, and undercarriage systems and components for off-highway vehicles used in the agricultural, earthmoving/construction, and consumer markets in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. TWI has a PE ratio of 29.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Titan International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.The average volume for Titan International has been 648,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Titan International has a market cap of $954.1 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 2.90 and a short float of 19.2% with 10.65 days to cover. Shares are down 9.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Titan International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 17.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.83, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.22, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- TITAN INTERNATIONAL INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TITAN INTERNATIONAL INC reported lower earnings of $0.56 versus $1.84 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.18 versus $0.56).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 345.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$3.50 million to -$15.58 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, TITAN INTERNATIONAL INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Titan International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV