NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of Deckers Outdoor Corp. (DECK) are higher 5.42% to $82.72 on Friday after the company released its report for the three month transition period that ended March 31, 2014.
The company, which designs and develops footwear for high performance outdoor activities, said it exceeded revenue estimates and posted loses that were lower than analysts expected.
Diluted loss per share was $0.08, versus the earnings per share of $0.03 for the same period in 2013.
UGG Brand sales increased 15.8% to $197.6 million compared to $170.6 million reported in 2013.Revenue grew 11.7% to $294.7 million, compared to the same three month period in 2013 when the company reported $263.76 million. Deckers Outdoor beat its own guidance estimate of a 6% growth in revenue.
Deckers Outdoor recently changed its fiscal year to March 31 from December 31, and as a result is referring to the recent quarter as a three month transition period. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks SELL NOW: If you own any of the 900 stocks that TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified as a 'Sell'...you could potentially lose EVERYTHING in the next 6-12 months. Learn more TheStreet Ratings team rates DECKERS OUTDOOR CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate DECKERS OUTDOOR CORP (DECK) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- DECK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 15.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- DECK's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.31, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 45.84% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.49% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DECK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for DECKERS OUTDOOR CORP is rather high; currently it is at 53.02%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 19.14% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DECK Ratings Report