NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Weatherford International (WFT) stock is gaining Friday after the company reported better-than-expected earnings in its first quarter and guided for above-consensus net income for the full year.
By midmorning, shares had added 8.9% to $20.04.
The oil equipment and services provider earned 13 cents over the three months to March, 2 cents higher than analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected.
Revenue of $3.59 billion fell short of estimates of $3.69 billion.For its December-ending fiscal year, the company said it expects earnings between $1.10 and $1.20 a share. Analysts had forecast 99 cents a share. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks SELL NOW: If you own any of the 900 stocks that TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified as a 'Sell'...you could potentially lose EVERYTHING in the next 6-12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates WEATHERFORD INTERNATIONAL as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate WEATHERFORD INTERNATIONAL (WFT) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WFT Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV