Shares were lower by 3.67% to $201.71 a few minutes after the start of trading Friday.
Visa reported second quarter earnings of $2.52 per share versus a consensus of $2.18 after Thursday's market close.
However, the electronic payment processor said revenues would grow by 10-11% in 2014, down from previous guidance of 10-13% growth."The outlook commentary is one of the main drivers of the weakness in the shares after hours," argued KBW analyst Sanjay Sakhrani in a research note. Sakhrani cited not only the weaker revenue growth projections but the inclusion of a $218 million tax benefit in full year guidance for fiscal 2014, which he argued implies "lower growth for the back half of the year than originally anticipated." Follow @dan_freed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV