Early Morning Activity Shows Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM) Down
- TSM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $260.4 million.
- TSM traded 152,350 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:03 AM.
- TSM is down 2.6% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TSM: Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited is engaged in manufacturing, selling, packaging, testing, and computer-aided designing integrated circuits and other semiconductor devices. It also manufactures masks. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. TSM has a PE ratio of 18.3. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing has been 11.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Taiwan Semiconductor has a market cap of $106.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 17% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TSM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR MFG CO reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR MFG CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.21 versus $1.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.42 versus $1.21).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has decreased by 0.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $1,466.10 million to $1,458.32 million.
- You can view the full Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.