NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of Lamar Advertising Co. (LAMR) are lower -1.19% to $50.75 in pre-market trading on Friday after the company's rating was downgraded to "neutral" from "outperform" at Wedbush Securities.
The firm downgraded the outdoor advertising company's rating based on a valuation call and maintained its $57 price target.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- LAMR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- LAMAR ADVERTISING CO has improved earnings per share by 37.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LAMAR ADVERTISING CO increased its bottom line by earning $0.41 versus $0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.01 versus $0.41).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Media industry average. The net income increased by 41.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $7.22 million to $10.19 million.
- The gross profit margin for LAMAR ADVERTISING CO is rather high; currently it is at 66.50%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.17% trails the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, LAMAR ADVERTISING CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LAMR Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV