MELVILLE, N.Y., April 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Henry Schein Animal Health, the leading companion animal health distributor in the United States, and the U.S. animal health business of Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ:HSIC), joins the veterinary community and Partners for Healthy Pets in celebration of World Veterinary Day to help raise awareness about animal welfare and the importance of veterinary visits for keeping pets healthy. By presenting "10 Reasons to Bring Your Pet to the Vet," pet owners are reminded why the veterinarian is crucial in helping to improve the lives of pets. World Veterinary Day, officially recognized tomorrow, was originated by the World Veterinary Association (WVA) 13 years ago as an annual celebration of the veterinary profession.
"There are dozens of good reasons why pet owners should make regular visits to the veterinarian a priority for their pets," said Kevin Vasquez, Chairman, CEO and President of Henry Schein Animal Health. "From our perspective as a leader in partnering with the veterinarian to help protect pet health, we know that the veterinary team is the strongest and most knowledgeable advocate an owner could have to enhance the wellness and quality of life for their pets. It comes down to this: if you love your pet, see your vet."
Below are 10 Reasons to Bring Your Pet to the Vet, according to Partners for Healthy Pets, and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA):
- Regular veterinary checkups are as essential as food and love to a pet's health and well-being.
- Veterinarians are trained to detect diseases before they become costly issues for both you and your pet.
- With regular checkups, your veterinarian can spot problems at their earliest stages before they become severe and difficult to treat.
- Veterinarians can help identify reasons for certain pet behaviors that the pet owner may not realize are health-related.
- Your veterinarian can recommend a wellness program based on your pet's breed, age, lifestyle and overall health.
- Dogs and cats have evolved to hide illness- Luckily, your veterinarian can find problems your pet hides.
- If you are not sure how much you should be feeding your pet, consult your veterinarian.
- Pets age faster than humans, which makes regular visits to the veterinarian even more important.
- A veterinarian will determine if any of the pet's vaccinations need to be updated.
- Veterinarians are committed to preventive healthcare and working with pet owners to help your pet live the longest, healthiest life possible!
Pet owners can visit www.HealthyPetCheckUp.org to learn more about why a yearly checkup is so essential and how veterinarians can help pets achieve healthy and happy lives.In addition to Henry Schein's U.S. Animal Health business, the Company serves veterinary customers in Australia and New Zealand, as well as in 12 European countries including Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. In 2013, Henry Schein's Global Animal Health business had sales of approximately $2.6 billion. About Henry Schein Animal Health, U.S.Henry Schein Animal Health, based in Dublin, Ohio, is the leading companion animal health distribution company in the United States. The Company employs approximately 900 team members, including 300 field sales representatives and 200 telesales and customer support representatives. With 13 strategically located, state-of-the-art distribution facilities and 10 inside sales centers, the Company maintains a greater than a 99 percent order-fill ratio, accomplishing its mission of providing the right product at the right place and at the right time. We partner with over 480 channel suppliers to bring veterinarians the broadest selection of products to companion animal, equine and large animal practices including: dentistry, diagnostics, diets, equipment and supplies, nutraceuticals, orthopedics, parasiticides, pharmaceuticals and more! Plus, we help veterinarians grow their practice with our strategic Business Solutions including AviMark® and ImproMed® Practice Management Software, Henry Schein® Financial Services, Henry Schein® ProRepair, HRVetResource, Intelligent Inventory, Leadership Intelligence, MyVetDirect.com® Home Delivery, Opperman Manual, Pet I.D. Cards, Privacy Edge Identify Theft Protection, Professional Development Program, VetPressOnline Client Communications, Veterinary Instrumentation®, website Development and more. For more information, visit www.henryscheinvet.com. About Partners for Healthy Pets Partners for Healthy Pets is a committee of the non-profit American Veterinary Medical Foundation created to ensure that pets receive the preventive healthcare they deserve through regular veterinary visits. The organization actively works to communicate the value and benefit of preventive pet healthcare and has launched an advertising campaign to promote the importance of annual veterinary checkups. For more information, visit www.HealthyPetCheckUp.org About the AVMA The AVMA, founded in 1863, is one of the oldest and largest veterinary medical organizations in the world, with more than 84,000 member veterinarians worldwide engaged in a wide variety of professional activities and dedicated to the art and science of veterinary medicine. About Henry Schein, Inc. Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, animal health and medical practitioners. The Company also serves dental laboratories, government and institutional health care clinics, and other alternate care sites. A Fortune 500® Company and a member of the NASDAQ 100® Index, Henry Schein employs more than 16,000 Team Schein Members and serves more than 800,000 customers. The Company offers a comprehensive selection of products and services, including value-added solutions for operating efficient practices and delivering high-quality care. Henry Schein operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 96,000 branded products and Henry Schein private-brand products in stock, as well as more than 110,000 additional products available as special-order items. The Company also offers its customers exclusive, innovative technology solutions, including practice management software and e-commerce solutions, as well as a broad range of financial services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV