LAS VEGAS, April 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) has earned the Number One ranking on the "Top 10 Regional Companies" list for diversity best practices, according to DiversityInc, one of the nation's leading sources on workplace diversity management.
2014 marks the ninth consecutive year MGM Resorts has been recognized for its Diversity and Inclusion Initiative by DiversityInc, which ranks companies based on the results of an annual survey.
"Earning a spot on one of DiversityInc's specialty lists for workplace diversity proves that management is paying close attention to the needs of their primary constituents—employees, customers and other key stakeholders," said DiversityInc Founder and CEO, Luke Visconti. "Companies with great reputations attract the best and most skilled employees who then create and deliver the best products and services."
DiversityInc's 300-question annual survey is divided into four equally weighted areas: CEO Commitment, Talent Pipeline, Equitable Talent Development, and Supplier Diversity. The survey's results are determined by statistical analysis and each company is vetted by DiversityInc staff. Of the 1,215 companies participating in this year's survey, MGM Resorts is the only Nevada-based company and the only integrated resort company to earn an award of distinction."Being awarded a distinction like this reaffirms that we, as a company, are doing what's right when it comes to our workforce. Diversity and Inclusion are a major focus for MGM Resorts and we are always searching for innovative ways to instill our core values at all levels of our operations," said Phyllis A. James, Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer of MGM Resorts International. "It is not only a business differentiator for us; it's the right thing to do. We're proud to receive this honor." The MGM Resorts Diversity and Inclusion Initiative was voluntarily launched in 2000 – the first in the entertainment, gaming and hospitality industry – and is a critical pillar of the company's enterprise-wide social responsibility platform that includes environmental sustainability and community engagement programs. Highlights from the Diversity and Inclusion Initiative include:
- Approximately 64 percent of the company's 62,000 employees are minorities. In the management ranks, about 43 percent of employees in the supervisory ranks are women, and 38 percent of employees in the supervisory ranks are minorities.
- In December 2012, MGM Resorts debuted "Inspiring Our World", creative diversity training which takes the form of a 90-minute musical production; created by MGM and performed by a cast of 70 employees. To date, more than 50,000 MGM employees in Nevada, Michigan and Mississippi, where the company has resorts, have shared the experience of the production.
- Since the creation of its Supplier and Construction Diversity programs in 2001, the company has spent a cumulative total of more than $3 billion with minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned and disadvantaged enterprises, as well as businesses owned by disabled and lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) individuals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV