Weatherford International (WFT): Today's Pre-Market Leader Stock
- WFT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $175.0 million.
- WFT traded 53,500 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:41 AM.
- WFT is up 2.7% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WFT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WFT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WFT: Weatherford International Ltd. provides equipment and services used in the drilling, evaluation, completion, production, and intervention of oil and natural gas wells worldwide. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Weatherford International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Weatherford International has been 9.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Weatherford International has a market cap of $14.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.30 and a short float of 2% with 1.67 days to cover. Shares are up 19.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Weatherford International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, WFT's share price has jumped by 45.95%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- WEATHERFORD INTERNATIONAL has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WEATHERFORD INTERNATIONAL continued to lose money by earning -$0.44 versus -$1.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.03 versus -$0.44).
- WFT, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.07 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, WFT maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.71, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 122.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$122.00 million to -$271.00 million.
- You can view the full Weatherford International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts