Cytokinetics (CYTK) Moving On Heavy Pre-Market Trading
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Cytokinetics (CYTK) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cytokinetics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CYTK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.0 million.
- CYTK traded 569,356 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:09 AM, representing 33% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CYTK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CYTK NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on CYTK: Cytokinetics, Incorporated, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery and development of novel small molecule therapeutics that modulate muscle function for the potential treatment of serious diseases and medical conditions. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Cytokinetics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.The average volume for Cytokinetics has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cytokinetics has a market cap of $430.9 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.91 and a short float of 9.2% with 1.92 days to cover. Shares are up 83.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cytokinetics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CYTOKINETICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$12.43 million or 74.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for CYTOKINETICS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.78%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CYTK's net profit margin of 26.82% compares favorably to the industry average.
- CYTOKINETICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CYTOKINETICS INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.34 versus -$2.46 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 4.1% in earnings (-$1.40 versus -$1.34).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 157.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$11.46 million to $6.53 million.
- You can view the full Cytokinetics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV