- Revenues rose 6.5 percent to $2.8 billion, compared with the same period of 2013, driven by double-digit growth in our Outdoor & Action Sports, international and direct-to-consumer businesses.
- Gross margin improved 130 basis points to 49.4 percent, an all-time high for any quarter in VF’s history, with improvements in every coalition. The higher gross margin is primarily driven by the continuing shift of our revenue mix toward higher margin businesses and includes 30 basis points related to the previously disclosed change in classification of retail concession fees.
- SG&A as a percent of revenues rose 50 basis points to 34.9 percent in the first quarter. This increase includes 30 basis points related to the inclusion of retail concession fees.
- Operating income increased 13 percent to $403 million in the first quarter, compared with $358 million in the same period of 2013. Operating margin was 14.5 percent compared with 13.7 percent in the first quarter of 2013.
- Earnings per share increased 12 percent to $0.67 per share compared with $0.60 per share during the same period last year.
VF Reports First Quarter 2014 Results; Raises Full-Year Revenue And Earnings Outlook
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts