Percentage of hybrid inquiries: 3.04%
This is just the first Pacific Northwest entry, but it's a strong one.
Keep in mind that, according to Experian, Washington State alone accounts for 3.94% of hybrid sales in the nation -- good for No. 6 overall. That's particularly impressive when you consider it accounts for only 2.04% of all auto sales, which drops it to No. 15 among car-buying states.It helps that Seattle itself is teeming with charging stations for would-be plug-in hybrid owners. it also helps that the Washington State Department of Transportation has hooked up interstates 5 and 90 as well as local Route 2 with charging stations as part of its electric highways initiative. In a tech-heavy area that houses Microsoft and Nintendo, among others, it helps to show a little tech savvy of your own. Besides, with the Cascades, the Olympic Peninsula, the San Juan Islands, Puget Sound and mounts Baker, Rainier, Olympus and others reminding locals constantly of the ecological wonder beyond their city and sprawling suburbs, it makes sense they'd want to preserve it as best they can.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV