- Achieved reported net income attributable to shareholders from continuing operations of $117 million, or $0.23 per basic share, and adjusted net income 1 of $108 million, or $0.22 per basic share;
- Generated cash from continuing operations of $183 million;
- Generated cost savings of $82 million in gold all-in sustaining costs 2 (“AISC”), which equates to $1,034 per ounce, down 8 percent from the prior year quarter;
- Realized costs applicable to sales (“CAS”) of $751 per ounce of gold and $2.71 per pound of copper, a decrease of 1 percent and an increase of 19 percent, respectively, over first quarter last year;
- Delivered 1.2 million ounces and 24 thousand tonnes of attributable gold and copper production, with higher gold production coming from our Australia/New Zealand and Africa operations;
- Improved AISC outlook 3 by 13 percent, and production outlook by 2 percent in Africa; and
- Declared a second quarter dividend of $0.025 per share in accordance with the Company’s gold price-linked dividend policy 4.
Newmont Announces First Quarter Operating And Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.