April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Producers Guild of America (PGA) and Cadillac are pleased to announce the start of
Make Your Mark – a short film competition open to producers nationwide. Participating producers will compete for the opportunity of a lifetime – a portion of the winning short film and the winning producer's name will be featured in Cadillac's :30 spot that will air on ABC during the Oscars, on
Sunday, February 22, 2015. The competition honors the work of renowned Academy Award® winning filmmaker
Saul Zaentz ("The English Patient," "Amadeus," "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"), who passed away earlier this year. Zaentz's passion continues to inspire the next generation of industry-defining producers through the
Make Your Mark competition.
"I am deeply honored to be asked to serve as one of the judges of this contest, and I'm sure that the work that comes out of this competition would make Saul proud," said
Michael Douglas, a
Make Your Mark competition judge.
"The PGA is dedicated to supporting and celebrating all types of producers in the entertainment industry," said
Mark Gordon and Hawk Koch, Presidents of the Producers Guild of America. "
Make Your Mark is an exciting opportunity for both members of the PGA and non-member producers to work with some of the most talented personalities in the industry and to showcase their short film to the world on the most distinguished night in
How to participate in
Make Your Mark :
- Starting today until 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 25, 2014, contestants can enter the Make Your Mark competition at makeyourmarkcompetition.com
- Once accepted to the competition, entrants will be asked to create a three-to five minute-short film that draws upon the storytelling and work of Saul Zaentz.
- Rules and creative specifications will be released on June 27, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. EDT and contestants will have 51 hours to complete their short film.
- Ten semi-finalists will be announced on or around July 29, 2014, and three finalists will be announced on or around August 25, 2014.
- The three finalists will collaborate with a distinguished PGA mentor to produce a further refined three-to-five-minute short film.
- The winning short and producer will be announced on January 24, 2015 at the 2015 Producers Guild Awards.
- The winning short will be highlighted in a :30 second Cadillac spot that will appear during the ABC broadcast of the 2015 Academy Awards.
"The Producers Guild of America and Cadillac are both looking to enable and celebrate achievement," said
, Global Cadillac CMO. "Through our collaboration with the PGA, we are designing a competition for the next generation of producers."
Judges for the
Make Your Mark
("About Schmidt," "At Play in the Fields of the Lord," "Titanic"),
("One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," "Batman Returns,"
("Wall Street," "Basic Instinct," "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest,"), Hawk Koch ("Source Code," "Primal Fear," "Wayne's World"),
("The Lincoln Lawyer," "Million Dollar Baby," "Underworld"),
(Invictus," "The Maiden Heist"), and
("Good Will Hunting," "American Pie").
Make Your Mark
film competition is presented by the Producers Guild of America and Cadillac through the Producers Guild of America Foundation. The competition enhances the annual PGA Weekend Shorts Challenge.
registration fee is required and is limited to 500 entries accepted. Proceeds from the entry fee goes to the Producers Guild Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) charity. For Official Rules visit
The Producers Guild of America
is the non-profit trade group that represents, protects and promotes the interests of producers and the producing team in film, television and new media. Its more than 6,000 members work together to protect and improve their careers, the industry and the producing community by providing members with employment opportunities, seeking to expand health benefits, promoting fair and impartial standards for the awarding of producing credits, in addition to other education and advocacy efforts such as encouraging sustainable production practices. Visit
for more information.
The Producers Guild of America Foundation
is the Producers Guild of America's 510(C)(3) charitable entity. The Foundation's core mission is to educate, promote and expand opportunities for those who work in the producing profession. Among the Guild's major initiatives supported by the Foundation are the annual Produced By Conference, the Make Your Mark short film competition and the Producers Guild Seminar Program.
has been a leading luxury auto brand since 1902. Today Cadillac is growing globally, driven by an expanding product portfolio featuring dramatic design and technology. More information on Cadillac appears at
. Cadillac's media website with information, images and video can be found at