NEW YORK, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Producers Guild of America (PGA) and Cadillac are pleased to announce the start of Make Your Mark – a short film competition open to producers nationwide. Participating producers will compete for the opportunity of a lifetime – a portion of the winning short film and the winning producer's name will be featured in Cadillac's :30 spot that will air on ABC during the Oscars, on Sunday, February 22, 2015. The competition honors the work of renowned Academy Award® winning filmmaker Saul Zaentz ("The English Patient," "Amadeus," "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"), who passed away earlier this year. Zaentz's passion continues to inspire the next generation of industry-defining producers through the Make Your Mark competition.
"I am deeply honored to be asked to serve as one of the judges of this contest, and I'm sure that the work that comes out of this competition would make Saul proud," said Michael Douglas, a Make Your Mark competition judge.
"The PGA is dedicated to supporting and celebrating all types of producers in the entertainment industry," said Mark Gordon and Hawk Koch, Presidents of the Producers Guild of America. " Make Your Mark is an exciting opportunity for both members of the PGA and non-member producers to work with some of the most talented personalities in the industry and to showcase their short film to the world on the most distinguished night in Hollywood."
How to participate in Make Your Mark :
- Starting today until 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 25, 2014, contestants can enter the Make Your Mark competition at makeyourmarkcompetition.com
- Once accepted to the competition, entrants will be asked to create a three-to five minute-short film that draws upon the storytelling and work of Saul Zaentz.
- Rules and creative specifications will be released on June 27, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. EDT and contestants will have 51 hours to complete their short film.
- Ten semi-finalists will be announced on or around July 29, 2014, and three finalists will be announced on or around August 25, 2014.
- The three finalists will collaborate with a distinguished PGA mentor to produce a further refined three-to-five-minute short film.
- The winning short and producer will be announced on January 24, 2015 at the 2015 Producers Guild Awards.
- The winning short will be highlighted in a :30 second Cadillac spot that will appear during the ABC broadcast of the 2015 Academy Awards.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV