After the bell, shares added 4.5% to $167.21.
Over the three months to March, the Chinese-language search engine earned $407.8 million, or $1.24 a share, a 24.1% year-over-year increase.
Revenue jumped 59.1% to $1.53 billion.SELL NOW: If you own any of the 900 stocks that TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified as a 'Sell'...you could potentially lose EVERYTHING in the next 6-12 months. Learn more. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected net income of 96 cents a share or $333 million. "Our core search business once again drove strong top-line growth," said CFO Jennifer Li in a statement. "We'll continue to invest aggressively in our core business and key strategic focus areas to support Baidu's long-term industry leadership." Management expects to generate revenue between $1.9 billion to $1.95 billion in its second quarter ending June, representing a 56.3% to 60.2% year-over-year increase. TheStreet Ratings team rates BAIDU INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate BAIDU INC (BIDU) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BIDU Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV