GrafTech International Ltd. (NYSE:GTI) (“GrafTech”) today announced that it has mailed a letter to stockholders in connection with the Company's May 15, 2014 Annual Meeting of Stockholders urging them to protect their investment by voting the WHITE proxy card FOR GrafTech’s seven experienced and highly qualified director nominees. In addition, GrafTech filed a presentation with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), which is available on the Investor Relations section of the Company's website and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov.
Highlights of the presentation include:
- GrafTech’s Board and management team have a strong track record of value creation and a clear, winning strategy to drive long-term stockholder value;
- GrafTech’s experienced and highly qualified Board is committed to serving the interests of ALL stockholders;
- The Milikowsky Group’s platform is based on flawed analysis and misleading statements, and demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding of GrafTech’s global businesses and industry;
- If implemented, the Milikowsky Group’s proposed strategy would be detrimental to stockholder value; and
- Nathan Milikowsky was not re-nominated to the Board in 2013 following serious governance breaches and conduct that demonstrate he is not qualified to serve on the Board.
The full text of the letter follows:
April 24, 2014Dear Fellow Stockholders, GrafTech’s May 15, 2014 Annual Meeting is only a few weeks away and your vote is extremely important. Your Board of Directors is focused on driving value for all stockholders and positioning GrafTech for continued success. We urge you not to allow GrafTech’s meaningful progress to be derailed by an individual with an agenda that is not aligned with the interests of ALL stockholders. The Daniel and Nathan Milikowsky Group (the “Milikowsky Group”), led by former Board member Nathan Milikowsky, is seeking to install its own nominees to the Board at the Annual Meeting. While the Milikowsky Group initially nominated five candidates for election at the meeting, they recently announced that they would nominate three individuals, including Nathan Milikowsky.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts