The company posted a GAAP loss of 14 cents a share and a non-GAAP loss of 13 cents a share, both of which exclude $14.2 million in revenue tied to Pandora's subscription return reserve, $17.4 million in expense from stock-based compensation and $0.2 million in amortization of intangible assets.
GAAP total revenue increased 69% year over year to $194.3 million, while non-GAAP total revenue increased 54% year over year to $180.1 million. These figures exclude $14.2 million in revenue tied to Pandora's subscription return reserve. Advertising revenue increased 45% year over year to $140.6 million. Non-GAAP subscription and other revenue increased 94% year over year to $39.5 million, a 94% year-over-year increase. This excludes $14.2 million in revenue from the subscription return reserve.
Analysts polled by FactSet expects a loss of 14 cents a share on revenue of $177.7 million.
Total listener hours increased 12% to 4.8 billion from 4.26 billion in the same quarter one year earlier, while active listeners increased 8% to 75.3 million from 69.5 million.Pandora expects revenue in the range of $213 million to $218 million for the second quarter and $880 million to $900 million, up from $870 million to $890 million, for the full year. The company also expects non-GAAP diluted EPS in the range of flat to 3 cents for the second quarter and 14 cents to 18 cents, up from 13 cents to 17 cents, for the full year. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks SELL NOW: If you own any of the 900 stocks that TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified as a 'Sell'...you could potentially lose EVERYTHING in the next 6-12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet's Stocks Under $10 has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV