TOMS RIVER, N.J., April 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OceanFirst Financial Corp. (Nasdaq:OCFC), (the "Company"), the holding company for OceanFirst Bank (the "Bank"), today announced diluted earnings per share of $0.28 for the quarter ended March 31, 2014, as compared to $0.26 for the corresponding prior year quarter.
Highlights for the quarter included:
- Commercial loans outstanding increased $27.5 million, an annualized growth rate of 18.7%, the third consecutive quarter of double digit growth.
- The net interest margin remains strong at 3.36%.
- Tangible common equity also remains strong at 9.47%.
The Company announced that the Board of Directors declared its sixty-ninth consecutive quarterly cash dividend on common stock. The dividend for the quarter ended March 31, 2014 of $0.12 per share will be paid on May 16, 2014 to shareholders of record on May 5, 2014.The next step in the Company Executive Management Succession Plan was also disclosed. Upon the expiration of CEO John R. Garbarino's current employment agreement on December 31, 2014, President and COO Christopher D. Maher will succeed him as CEO. Mr. Maher's amended employment agreement will continue through June 30, 2017. Mr. Garbarino will remain on the Board of Directors where he currently serves as Chairman. "I am pleased we are able to plan an orderly transition of my CEO responsibilities to such a highly qualified executive as Chris Maher," said Garbarino. Maher also commented, "During John's 43 year career with the Bank and 18 year tenure as CEO of the Company, OceanFirst has demonstrated an enviable record of developing value for shareholders. Together we are now working closely on a strategic plan delivering more robust growth." Results of Operations Net income for the three months ended March 31, 2014 was $4.7 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, as compared to net income of $4.4 million, or $0.26 per diluted share for the corresponding prior year period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV