- Operating earnings increased 36 percent to $317.1 million for first quarter 2014, compared to $233.3 million for first quarter 2013. Operating earnings per diluted share (EPS) increased 34 percent to $1.06 for first quarter 2014, compared to $0.79 for first quarter 2013.
- Net income available to common stockholders for first quarter 2014 increased 65 percent to $293.7 million, or $0.95 per diluted share, compared to $178.3 million, or $0.61 per diluted share for first quarter 2013.
- Operating revenues for first quarter 2014 were $2,499.3 million, an increase of 12 percent, compared to $2,238.3 million for first quarter 2013.
- Quarterly dividend of $0.32 per share of common stock for second quarter 2014 authorized by its Board of Directors, a 14 percent increase over first quarter 2014. The dividend will be payable on June 27, 2014, to shareholders of record as of June 9, 2014.
Principal Financial Group, Inc. Announces First Quarter Results; Company Also Announces Common Stock Dividend Increase And New Authorization Of Share Repurchase Program
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts