NEW YORK, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- WebMD (NASDAQ: WBMD) today introduced Medscape MedPulse, an innovative medical news app for iPhone and iPad that enables healthcare professionals to stay up-to-date on the latest medical news and expert perspectives in a free, easy-to-navigate app that can be personalized to their interests. Medscape MedPulse features the latest medical content from Medscape's award-winning editorial team, and is the first medical news app to include an automatically curated Twitter feed to help users stay informed of important medical trends being shared in real time by physicians and other leading medical commentators.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/7040259-medscape-launches-new-medpulse-app-for-iphone-and-ipad
"In the rapidly changing world of medicine, physicians need a personalized mobile app to stay abreast of the latest medical developments," said Steve Zatz, M.D., President, WebMD. "As the leading resource for healthcare professionals, Medscape will continue developing innovative new products that engage and inform our users anywhere, anytime."
MedPulse delivers the top news in medicine and in-depth specialty news and insights from the top medical thought leaders. Users of the new app can:
- Read the latest medical news and commentary from Medscape, the leading source of professional medical information.
- Keep up on vital professional and practice information with Medscape's popular Business of Medicine section, which examines the business, legal, ethical and practice challenges of today's doctors.
- Stay current with breaking drug and device news from the FDA, new practice guidelines and practice-changing clinical trials.
- Personalize their experience by choosing the specialties, topics and experts that are most important to them.
- Follow what's trending in medicine across social media and around the web with Medscape's curated Today on Twitter feature and influential blog feeds.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts