On Saturday, April 26, more than 500 community partners, local Comcast employees and their families and friends will “make change happen” as they volunteer to beautify Seattle’s historic International District as part of Comcast’s 13 th annual Comcast Cares Day and the International District “ID” Spring Clean.
Comcast Cares Day, which takes place each April during National Volunteer Month, is Comcast and NBCUniversal’s signature day of service and the nation’s largest single-day corporate volunteer effort. In Seattle, the team will work side by side with key organizations in the “ID” on the Comcast Cares Day International District Spring Clean event.
International District projects include:
- Giving a much-needed makeover to the vital Asian Counseling and Referral Service Food Bank,
- Painting over graffiti and cleaning culturally significant art displays in the neighborhood such as the dragon fixtures on light poles and fish designs on the I-5 pillars,
- Restoring the Danny Woo Community Garden, and
- Coordinating a neighborhood-wide trash pick-up.
Comcast has worked closely with ID Spring Clean coordinators, the Chinatown-International District Business Improvement Area (CIDBIA), Seattle Chinatown International District Preservation and Development Authority (SCIDpda), and InterIm Community Development Association, among other leading Asian Pacific American non-profit organizations."For the first time since it moved to King Street 12 years ago, the ACRS Food Bank is getting a new look,” said Diane Narasaki, executive director of the Asian Counseling and Referral Service (ACRS). “It's not just about a fresh coat of paint -- a new exit ramp and garden path outside the Food Bank will help create a safer and more comforting environment for the hundreds of hungry people who line up for hours outside our doors each week.” “But the scope of Comcast Cares Day 2014 is so much bigger than one building,” Narasaki continued. “Working to beautify roughly 16 square blocks in one of Seattle's oldest neighborhoods truly shows the commitment of Comcast and our community partners to the International District and its residents. We are grateful for Comcast’s spirit of volunteerism and passion to better our community."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV