3 Chemicals Stocks On The Rise
2. As of noon trading, Methanex ( MEOH) is up $1.89 (3.1%) to $61.80 on average volume. Thus far, 517,524 shares of Methanex exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 926,100 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $59.99-$62.18 after having opened the day at $59.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.91. Methanex Corporation produces, supplies, and sells methanol to petrochemical producers and distributors in the Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, and South America. It also purchases and re-sells methanol produced by others on the spot market. Methanex has a market cap of $6.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are up 1.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 5 analysts who rate Methanex a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Methanex as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Methanex Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts