NEW YORK, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- With Financial Literacy Month in full swing, TheStreet, Inc . (NASDAQ: TST) today announced the launch of TheStreet Foundation, a non-profit organization with the goal of supporting and expanding financial literacy for consumers through investigative journalism and custom research on high-impact financial topics. The Foundation will receive funding from TheStreet, Inc. for these initiatives.
The announcement came from Stephanie Link, Chief Investment Officer for TheStreet who will serve as Chairman of the Board for the Foundation, during the company's inaugural Newsmaker's Conference held today at the Andaz Hotel in New York City.
"While the financial crisis is now behind us, we believe that literacy can lead to more secure futures," remarked Link. "Regardless of background, education, or income level, people can reach their full potential by becoming more financially informed."
In addition to Link, the Board of Directors will also include Elisabeth DeMarse, Chairman, President, and CEO of TheStreet and Vanessa Soman, TheStreet's General Counsel who will also serve as the Foundation's President."Our mission is to channel Wall Street dollars to help solve Main Street problems by providing individuals and communities with the tools to change their financial futures," said DeMarse. "TheStreet Foundation will provide accessible, actionable insights that can help people build a more prosperous tomorrow." TheStreet Foundation's first initiative will be the Fellows Program, which will grant seed funding to selected investigative journalists in order to help them make gains in the fight against corporate greed, government corruption and consumer fraud. Fellows will be selected based on the commitment they've shown to reporting about issues related to financial literacy and on the likelihood that their projects will enhance the public's understanding of these subjects.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV