Media General, Inc. (NYSE: MEG), a local broadcast television and digital media company, said today that shareholders at the company’s 2014 Annual Meeting re-elected 11 directors to one-year terms: J. Stewart Bryan III, chairman of the board; Diana F. Cantor, H.C. Charles Diao, Dennis J. FitzSimons, Soohyung Kim, George L. Mahoney, Marshall N. Morton, Wyndham Robertson, Howard L. Schrott, Kevin T. Shea and Thomas J. Sullivan. Three directors retired from the Board: Rodney A. Smolla, Carl S. Thigpen and Coleman Wortham III.
Shareholders ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as the company’s independent registered public accountants for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2014. The advisory vote on executive compensation carried as recommended. Shareholders also approved amendments to Media General’s 1995 long-term incentive plan.
Mr. Mahoney, Media General’s president and chief executive officer, reported on the state of the company. A copy of the full report is posted on the company’s website www.mediageneral.com in the Investor Relations section under Presentations.
About Media GeneralMedia General, Inc. is a leading local television broadcasting and digital media company, providing top-rated news, information and entertainment in strong markets across the U.S. The company owns or operates 31 network-affiliated broadcast television stations and their associated digital media and mobile platforms, in 28 markets. These stations reach 16.5 million, or 14%, of U.S. TV households. Sixteen of the 31 stations are located in the top 75 designated market areas. Media General first entered the local television business in 1955 when it launched WFLA in Tampa, Florida as an NBC affiliate. The company subsequently expanded its station portfolio through acquisition. In November of 2013, Media General and Young Broadcasting merged, combining Media General’s 18 stations and Young’s 13 stations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV