NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Plug Power (PLUG) is in the "very speculative" part of the stock market, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said on CNBC's "Cramer's Mad Dash" segment Friday.
The company issued a 22.6 million share secondary offering, which is weighing on the stock price. Cramer said investors could be in for a rough ride if shares begin to break below $5.50, the pricing of the secondary.
Turning to Baidu (BIDU), Deutsche Bank upgraded the stock to buy from hold and raised its price target to $229 from $178.
The company reported a "terrific" earnings report, Cramer said, adding that investors are rewarding Chinese stocks that still have strong growth.Alibaba, the Chinese e-commerce giant, is expected to go public sometime in late summer or early fall, according to David Faber, the CNBC show's co-host. Cramer added the Alibaba IPO should "reignite" shares of Yahoo! (YHOO), which owns a 24% stake of Alibaba. He concluded that he likes Yahoo!, even after the Alibaba IPO and because of CEO Marissa Mayer. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV