The group reported adjusted earnings of $402 million, or 54 cents a share, compared to $62 million in the same period one year earlier. Including one-time items, American's profit was $480 million, compared with a year-earlier loss of $297 million. Revenue rose 5.6% year over year to a record $10 billion.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected profit of 48 cents a share on revenue of $10.02 billion.
American Airlines Group formed in December when US Airways Group and AMR Corp. merged, but this quarterly report considers the two companies as combined for the entire year.Passenger revenue per available seat mile rose 2.9%. Total combined operating expenses dipped 0.3%. The stock was up 0.86% to $37.41 at 11:11 a.m. on Thursday. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks SELL NOW: If you own any of the 900 stocks that TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified as a 'Sell'...you could potentially lose EVERYTHING in the next 6-12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet's Stocks Under $10 has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV