Proto Labs, Inc. (NYSE: PRLB), a leading online and technology-enabled quick-turn manufacturer, has announced today that it has completed renovation of the Plymouth Industrial Building at 2600 Niagara Lane, Plymouth, MN, and will begin operations at this location effective Monday April 28.
This new building will initially house 175 employees, split evenly between office and manufacturing workers. Proto Labs plans to eventually expand that number to 300 employees by May, 2017. The new Plymouth location increases the Proto Labs US manufacturing facilities capacity to support up to 425 CNC machines and 180 injection-molding presses.
Upon completion, Proto Labs will have invested a total of $19 million to purchase the property and renovate the building. During renovation, care was taken to reduce the environmental impact of the project. All lighting in the building was replaced with energy efficient LED lighting. Much of the scrap from demolition was sold or recycled. The HVAC and mechanical systems have been designed to maximize efficiency. An innovative rain-screen system was used to repair the exterior of the building and reduce on-going maintenance.
“We’re pleased to be moving into our new Plymouth building, which will be our fifth building in the Twin Cities area,” said President and CEO Vicki Holt. “The additional location will help us meet the high-demand for our quick-turn, custom parts business.”About Proto Labs, Inc. Proto Labs, Inc. is a leading online and technology-enabled quick-turn manufacturer of custom parts for prototyping and short-run production. Proto Labs provides “Real Parts, Really Fast” to product developers worldwide. Proto Labs uses computer numerical control (CNC) machining and injection molding to manufacture custom parts for our customers. For more information, visit www.protolabs.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV