BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- The market is pointed higher this morning. It doesn't hurt that the biggest company on the planet added $40 billion to its market cap over night, but Apple (AAPL) isn't alone in looking spectacular this morning. In fact, as I'm about to show you, the money hasn't even been made in AAPL yet.
Mega-cap stocks -- the top tier of publicly traded companies by market capitalization -- have been enjoying a strong run in the last couple of months. That relative outperformance isn't likely to wear out anytime soon either; investor anxiety is still high, and Wall Street's biggest names still offer a perceived safety net right now.
More important, they offer a flight to yield at a time when rates aren't behaving the way certain central bankers said they would.So, to take full advantage of the blue-chip buying, we're taking a technical look at five of Wall Street's biggest stocks. >>3 Big Stocks on Traders' Radars If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. >>QE5 Is Coming -- Here's What It Means to Your Portfolio Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV