MINNEAPOLIS, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cummins Power Generation is the first manufacturer to receive Tier 4 Final certification from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for its complete line of high-horsepower generator sets, ranging from 680 kW to 2750 kW. Generator sets in this power range are typically used for backup power in critical power applications such as hospitals and data centers.
Cummins Tier 4 Final systems are available now, eight months ahead of the EPA's Tier 4 Final implementation date of January 1, 2015.
"We are proud to be the first company to be awarded Tier 4 Final certification for our generators," said Dennis Heathfield, executive director, Power Systems, Cummins Power Generation. "This achievement definitively demonstrates Cummins' leadership role in diesel emissions reduction technology. By achieving this emission reduction, we are providing customers with more fuel-efficient and cleaner generators. Our Tier 4 Final-certified systems are a win for our company, a win for our customers and a win for the environment."
The new Tier 4 Final generator sets achieve a 99 percent reduction in particulate matter (PM) emissions when compared to a Tier 2 product. A similar comparison can be made for nitrogen oxide (NOx) – the SCR aftertreatment system, together with the latest controls, achieves a NOx reduction of 94 percent or more.Tier 4 Final-certified generator sets are especially relevant for owners who use their on-site power for purposes other than standby emergency power, such as peak shaving, storm avoidance, rate curtailment and prime power. Without Tier 4 Final certification, the EPA severely limits these non-emergency uses. The newly certified units will also qualify for standby power applications in locations where air quality is impaired or where stricter local air quality regulations require Tier 4 Final generator sets even for emergency use.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV