By market open, shares had tanked 11.9% to $7.36.
The company's largest shareholder, Tsakos Holdings Foundation, said affiliated entities would likely purchase up to 10% of common shares sold in the offering. Additionally, underwriters have been granted a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 1.65 million common shares.
In a statement, the company said it plans to use net proceeds to "finance the expansion and
modernization of its fleet through its vessel acquisition program, including installment
payments on its existing crude oil carrier newbuilding program pursuant to its strategic
partnership with a well-known oil major."
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, TNP's share price has jumped by 112.60%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- TSAKOS ENERGY NAVIGATION LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TSAKOS ENERGY NAVIGATION LTD continued to lose money by earning -$0.72 versus -$0.90 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.28 versus -$0.72).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 45.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$24.40 million to -$35.59 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.38 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TNP Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV