The top power hitters in college baseball will converge on TD Ameritrade Park Omaha for the fifth annual TD Ameritrade College Home Run Derby at 7:30 p.m. CT, on Thursday, July 3, 2014. The family-friendly event, which is produced by Intersport, promises excitement and entertainment and will conclude with the 30 th annual Omaha World-Herald fireworks display.
This year’s College Home Run Derby will showcase some of college baseball’s premier sluggers selected from a pool of eligible players who have ranked among the nation’s home run leaders during the 2014 season. The contest will air live on ESPN.
Over 23,000 fans filled TD Ameritrade Park Omaha last July to watch Rice University’s Michael Aquino win the College Home Run Derby.
“We are thrilled to once again bring the College Home Run Derby to Omaha,” said Katrina Becker, managing director of communications and public affairs for TD Ameritrade. “In our fifth year, we hope that baseball fans and families alike join us at the ballpark for a night of home runs and, thanks to our continued collaboration with the Omaha World-Herald, yet another truly memorable fireworks display.”Rules of PlayThe College Home Run Derby includes three rounds of play: Round 1 featuring all contestants, Round 2 featuring the hitters with the top four scores after Round 1, and Round 3 featuring the top two sluggers after Round 2. In each round, contestants will attempt to hit as many home runs as they can before logging 10 outs, or hits that do not result in a home run. Balls reaching the warning track will not count as an out, giving players another opportunity at bat. Additionally, following the tenth and final out of each at bat, contestants will have an opportunity to hit a home run with the ‘Bonus Ball.’ If successful, the special ball will tack two additional home runs onto the contestant’s total score.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV