SAN FRANCISCO, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform ( http://www.salesforce.com/), today unveiled the future of mobile app support by launching Salesforce1 Service Cloud SOS. The latest breakthrough innovation for mobile customer service, Service SOS, will revolutionize customer service and support by putting an SOS button, similar to the Amazon Kindle Mayday button, directly inside any mobile app. With new live video support and on-screen guided assistance, companies will be able to deliver instant and personalized customer service within any mobile app. Leading brands such as Cars.com, Inspirato with American Express, Philips and Stanley Black & Decker deliver customer service everywhere using Service Cloud, the world's #1 customer service platform.
Comments on the News
- "The mobile phone has become the dashboard of our lives—we use it to manage how we interact with not only people, but products and companies," said Alex Bard, EVP and GM of Service Cloud, salesforce.com. "As the mobile device becomes every consumer's channel of choice, it is important companies meet their customers where they are. With Salesforce1 Service Cloud SOS, companies will be able to transform the way they connect with their customers for the mobile era."
- "Cars.com pioneers the way consumers use mobile devices to shop for new and used vehicles by focusing on a superior customer experience," said Joshua C. Chapman, VP of operations, Cars.com. "With Salesforce1 Service Cloud, we can provide our customers with access to Cars.com mobile sites to ensure on-the-go car shoppers receive the same high level of customer service and support to meet the urgency and personalization of the mobile shopping experience."
Salesforce1 Service Cloud SOS: Revolutionizing In-App Support Mobile app stores will see annual downloads reach 268 billion in 2017, with a total revenue of $77 billion, each growing at 27 percent a year between 2012 and 2017 according to Gartner, Inc., Forecast: Mobile App Stores, Worldwide, 2013 Update, September 5, 2013. Customers are downloading more than 800 apps per second at a rate of more than two billion apps per month on the Apple App Store alone. Customers are increasingly connecting through mobile apps. Companies need to reimagine how they deliver service across every channel, over any device and within the mobile app experience. Currently, when mobile users need assistance, they must exit the app or wait until they get to back to a desktop to find help.
Last year, salesforce.com doubled down on mobile and introduced a series of Service Cloud solutions including mobile communities, mobile chat and Knowledge-base extending its technology leadership. And today, salesforce.com announced Service SOS which will deliver the next breakthrough innovation in mobile customer service.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts