Apple (AAPL) Leading In Pre-Market Activity
- AAPL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.0 billion.
- AAPL traded 99,833 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:31 AM.
- AAPL is up 8.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AAPL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AAPL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AAPL: Apple Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiaries design, manufacture, and market mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, and portable digital music players worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. AAPL has a PE ratio of 13.1. Currently there are 28 analysts that rate Apple a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Apple has been 10.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Apple has a market cap of $473.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 2.5% with 2.51 days to cover. Shares are down 5.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Apple as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AAPL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although AAPL's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.13 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.23, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- 41.65% is the gross profit margin for APPLE INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 22.69% is above that of the industry average.
- APPLE INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, APPLE INC reported lower earnings of $39.63 versus $44.16 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($42.74 versus $39.63).
- You can view the full Apple Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts