- Excluding special items, EPS from continuing operations was $0.63. Including special items, EPS from continuing operations was $0.71.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $281 million.
- Excluding special items, income from continuing operations was $122 million. Including special items, income from continuing operations was $136 million.
- Worldwide Systemwide REVPAR for Same-Store Hotels increased 6.3% in constant dollars (5.0% in actual dollars) compared to 2013. Systemwide REVPAR for Same-Store Hotels in North America increased 7.1% in constant dollars (6.4% in actual dollars).
- Management fees, franchise fees and other income increased 14.3% compared to 2013.
- Worldwide Same-Store Company-Operated gross operating profit margins increased approximately 150 basis points compared to 2013.
- Worldwide REVPAR for Starwood Same-Store Owned Hotels increased 4.7% in constant dollars (2.9% in actual dollars) compared to 2013.
- Margins at Starwood Same-Store Owned Hotels Worldwide increased approximately 150 basis points compared to 2013.
- Earnings from Starwood’s vacation ownership and residential business decreased approximately $64 million compared to 2013, including a $48 million decrease in earnings from the St. Regis Bal Harbour residential project which is substantially sold out.
- During the quarter, the Company signed 28 hotel management and franchise contracts, representing approximately 6,000 rooms, and opened 10 hotels and resorts with approximately 1,900 rooms.
Starwood Reports First Quarter 2014 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.