- Revenue up +7% at constant exchange rates
- Outlook for 2014 confirmed
To better assess past and future performance, revenue figures above and in this document are for ongoing operations and variations are at constant exchange rates except where otherwise noted (see page 2 "Basis of preparation of financial information"). Appendix 3 provides synthesis information for both ongoing and total operations. All figures presented in this press release are unaudited.
AMSTERDAM, April 23, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 - GTO), the world leader in digital security today announces its revenue for the first quarter of 2014.
|First quarter 2014||Main segments||Main activities|
|Ongoing operations (€ in millions)||Total||Mobile||Payment & Identity||Embedded software & Products||Platforms & Services||Patents & Others|
|Year-on-year variation at constant exchange rates||+7%||+0%||+12%||+5%||+8%||n.m.|
Olivier Piou, Chief Executive Officer, commented: "The first quarter of 2014 delivered further revenue growth with different geographical performances: in Asia and North America the activity expansion was rapid, and it grew at a slower pace in Europe and Latin America. Promising market developments and contract wins confirm the conditions for the seasonal acceleration along the year: demand for EMV solutions is rapidly increasing in the US, mobile contactless services are ramping up thanks to simpler, customer-focused go-to-market initiatives, and demand is high in the government market globally. We confirm our outlook for the year and the longer term objectives of our multi-year development plan."Basis of preparation of financial information Ongoing operations For a better understanding of the current and future year-on-year evolution of the business, the Company provides revenue from "ongoing operations" for both the 2014 and 2013 reporting periods.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV