Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE), a global technology and specialty materials company, today announced that the company will expand its compounding capabilities at its Nanjing, China, integrated chemical complex to include Fortron ® polyphenylene sulfide (PPS). The PPS compounding expansion is expected to be operational by year-end 2014.
“The Fortron PPS compounding expansion is part of the Celanese growth strategy to directly serve our customers in China and the broader Asia region, which are both experiencing impressive growth,” said Phil McDivitt, vice president and general manager of the engineered materials business of Celanese. “Leveraging our resources at the Nanjing facility – and our network of technical and sales support in China – accelerates our ability to deliver innovative solutions and grades, including the recently launched CES50, ICE, FLEX and our existing proven materials, which deliver value for our customers in Asia.”
Fortron PPS is a high-performance polymer that can withstand high thermal, chemical and mechanical stress and is used in a wide variety of applications. Fortron PPS is inherently flame retardant and does not require the use of halogen-containing flame retardants to achieve UL94 V0 rating. This semi-crystalline polymer is used to replace metals and thermosets in:
- Automotive: Fuel systems, transmission components, water management, air management and electronics.
- Electrical / Electronics: Sensors, connectors, plugs, switches, sockets, transformers, bobbins and circuit boards.
- Aerospace: Structural and non-structural aircraft composite components.
- Fluid Handing: Enhanced oil and gas recovery, pumps and valves, and potable water valves and fittings.
- Industrial / Consumer: Appliances, electronics, HVAC, technical fibers and fabrics for filtration and conveyor system components.
For more product and performance information about Fortron PPS, visit: http://celanese.com/engineered-materials/products/Fortron-PPS.aspxFortron PPS is manufactured at the Fortron Industries plant in Wilmington, N.C., with a 15,000 metric ton annual capacity. Fortron’s operation in Wilmington is a joint venture of Kureha Corporation and Celanese Corporation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV