TAL International Group, Inc. (NYSE:TAL), one of the world’s largest lessors of intermodal freight containers and chassis, today reported results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2014.
- TAL reported Adjusted pre-tax income of $1.41 per fully diluted common share for the first quarter of 2014, a decrease of 13.5% from the first quarter of 2013.
- TAL reported leasing revenues of $144.3 million for the first quarter of 2014, an increase of 5.2% from the first quarter of 2013.
- TAL continues to operate at near peak utilization. Utilization averaged 97.1% for the first quarter of 2014.
- TAL has purchased over $250 million in new and sale-leaseback containers for delivery in 2014.
- TAL announced a quarterly dividend of $0.72 per share payable on June 24, 2014 to shareholders of record as of June 3, 2014.
The following table depicts TAL’s selected key financial information for the three months ended March 31, 2014 and 2013 (dollars in millions, except per share data):
|Three Months Ended March 31,|
|Adjusted pre-tax income(1)||$47.5||$54.7||(13.2%)|
|Adjusted pre-tax income(1) per share||$1.41||$1.63||(13.5%)|
|Adjusted net income(1)||$31.0||$35.5||(12.7%)|
|Adjusted net income(1) per share||$0.92||$1.05||(12.4%)|
|Net income per share||$0.89||$1.12||(20.5%)|
|Note: All per share data is per fully diluted common share.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV