- According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), about 5.3 million Medicare beneficiaries, or about 10 percent of all Medicare beneficiaries, will now receive their healthcare from ACOs.
- Most of these Medicare ACOs also serve non-Medicare patients and are moving toward serving all their patients under ACO arrangements. Medicare ACOs currently serve 33 million non-Medicare patients, up from 25 million in July 2013.
- There are currently more than 150 non-Medicare ACOs, compared to approximately 130 in July 2013. The total number of patients in organizations with ACO arrangements with at least one payer—both Medicare and non-Medicare—is now between 46 and 52 million or roughly 15 to 18 percent of the population. The corresponding figures in July 2013 were 37 to 43 million and 12 to 14 percent of the population.
Accountable Care Organizations Now Serve Up To 17% Of Americans
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.